GET ONE STEP AHEAD
Whatever teacher training course you do, help reduce the on-course stress by getting one step ahead with these unique preparation tips :
- BUILD an awareness of the English language
- BRUSH UP on your English language awareness
- READ selected chapters from a reliably sourced teaching manual - see "recommended reading". NB: a copy of Learning Teaching by J.Scrivener is included in every StepIntoELT course.
- ORGANISE your time carefully particularly if you have a family with children. It's essential to arrange childcare well in advance and get your child/children used to the new routine and your absence well before the course; set aside a specific space that is 'yours' when you study at home.
- There is a lot of new TEACHING TERMINOLOGY to use. The British Council teaching English website has a useful online glossary.
- DEVELOP 7 SKILLS you'll need via Trainingsteps